Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Dinosaur Dream - Journal Nov. 1995

In a dream I had,  My family and I were living in a Jurassic age with dinosaurs yet with modern amenities.  I was watching several children play in my backyard, but had to leave to deliver papers. (strange, I know)  One parent, in particular, began fussing at me because she felt I did not keep her son safe from the dinosaurs. She did not like the way I protected the children.
I finished my paper route and as I approached a place (not sure where or what place) there was a T-Rex standing at the door. I entered through the back door and ran to find my children. (I remember feeling scared for their safety thinking they had been left alone). But as I entered, the placed changed to a sanctuary. There were many friends, family and strangers gathered here. I found my family and hugged them all and told the "Momma's back".

There are many things in the world and in our life that are ready to devour our children, our family, even us. We've got to watch for the dinosaurs in our lives that will hinder our relationship with God. The sanctuary represented that.  Though I was distracted for a bit, I'm back  and watching for the dinosaurs.

What dinosaurs are in your life ready to devour your relationship with family, friends and God.


No comments:

Post a Comment