Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Have Hope



Dear Friend,


Wow, life is tough sometimes, isn't it.  One minute everything is peachy with the wind at your back and the next minute you feel like the rug has been pulled out from under you. Do you ever feel like just throwing your hand up in the air and say, " Forget it, why try so hard?",  Sometimes, I'll go get into my SUV and just scream.  I feel better and more level head to face the challenge. But I have hope. Hope that the sun will rise tomorrow. Hope that things will get better.  Hope that I am not be the same person I was 10 years ago. I've several speakers say the phrase, " I'm not where I want to be but thank God I'm not where I used to be.  I surely don't measure up to God's standards but every morning I wake up, and I look outside at the beauty of the would, and thank him that his mercy is made new in my life  again.  I've put both feet on this side of the fence to follow him.  Yeh, sure, living with Christ will be scary, even frustrating at  sometimes. I don't know where he is taking me but I have to trust him. Lord knows, I don't dare trust myself anymore.  I can't count the many times I've made bad decisions and wrong choices only to end up flat on my face.   He's the only one who knows my path that I am to follow. AND because he's a good, no, a great God, I can trust that his  plans for me  will give me a future and hope. If I find myself on my face again, it'll be to give him all the praise and worship I know how to give him.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.' "  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment